Swim bike run

All about triathlon training, getting in shape in my 40s, biking, running, hiking, swimming, playing with my kids

Thursday, August 19, 2010

catching up

I have fallen behind on my training blog, but not on my training! I have so much I want to write about, but very little time to get it all down.
This past week I biked to Mystic Lake and did a 666 yard swim with Amanda (we then biked home - the bike ride was going to be longer but we were too hungry!), I did my first bike/run brick, complete with wind sprints on the bike, and I took part in an incredibly illuminating beginner swim clinic with 100 other triathlon newbies.

I also got depressed and down on myself that I'm not further along in my training (I should be increasing my distance and speed on the run! I'm not running enough! I'm going to be further back in the standings than I should be because I'm not training hard enough), and then managed to get over it, at least a little bit. I have a freaking lot of training to do before I can start worrying whether I should be faster stronger better. I'm a lousy, slow swimmer, but I was not at the absolute back of the group last night. Given where I started, and how much time I actually have for training, I'm right where I should be. Which is at the very end of the middle of the pack or the very front of the back of the pack. :-)

What I really need to do is get over myself, accept that this is where I am right now, and go train some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment