Swim bike run

All about triathlon training, getting in shape in my 40s, biking, running, hiking, swimming, playing with my kids

Friday, July 30, 2010

Training stats

The last time I blogged my weekly training stats was July 10. I haven't been slacking (too much) on training, just on tracking it here. The sad thing is, as I feared, the long ride threw me off for the entire next week. My biking was down to 26 miles, I only ran 9.8. miles, and I skipped swimming altogether. Once again, the experts are right - overtraining is a mistake.

The week of July 25 is looking better. 33.50 miles biking, 11.19 miles running so far. I'm about to go for a run, and tomorrow Dusty and I are going for a long bike ride, so this week will look pretty solid.

Next week we are on vacation. I'm not bringing my bike, so I plan to focus on running and swimming. We're renting a house on a lake and I'm going to work on my breast stroke every day. I'm also going to increase my miles. I should be running at least 16 miles/week at this point, instead of hovering around 13.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment