Swim bike run

All about triathlon training, getting in shape in my 40s, biking, running, hiking, swimming, playing with my kids

Sunday, September 12, 2010

I did it!!!!

That felt FANTASTIC! I'll write a long race report later, but I wanted to mark this feeling while I'm still sort of high from the race. The swim was about how I expected. I did okay, and now I need to get better. I killed the bike course - I think I managed an 18 mph average. The run was also pretty good. Not super fast, but I was steady and strong all the way through. Transitions went well, too.

Most of all, I loved doing it. I loved running out with my bike, zipping through the crowd and making up the time I'd lost on the swim, hustling through the T2 to get out on the run, and feeling my legs loosen up over the first mile. I can't wait to do another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment