Swim bike run

All about triathlon training, getting in shape in my 40s, biking, running, hiking, swimming, playing with my kids

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Running speed

Just a quickie before I'm out the door for my long run of the week. I was just looking at my summer training logs. I am still a S L O W runner but it turns out I have actually sped up as I've increased my distance - just like absolutely everyone says you will! Two months ago my average pace was 12 min, 20 sec/mile (see? slow), in August my average was a full minute faster, 11 min, 37 sec. Sure it's still slow, but if I can actually shave off a minute/month, I'll be at a 7 min mile by February. Even if the rate of increase slows considerably, my winter training "plan" such as it is should have me noticeably faster come spring. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment