Swim bike run

All about triathlon training, getting in shape in my 40s, biking, running, hiking, swimming, playing with my kids

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tomorrow is it!

I am surprised that I'm not nervous yet. It mostly doesn't seem real to me at this point. I've just laid out my transition area stuff, and I'm about to go for a short warm up run,* so it's not that I'm in denial. It's possible that I'm simply feeling ready, or maybe in a couple of hours I'll freak out completely and not be able to get any sleep tonight.

This morning Dusty and I did a slow easy ten mile bike ride. It was a gorgeous day for a ride and a large part of me wanted to speed up and keep going for a couple of hours. Tomorrow's also going to be gorgeous, so hopefully I'll feel equally eager to get out there and go. In any case, I've got my race strategy set, and I've done all the training I can for now. As long as I can sleep tonight I should be all set...

* The theory being that you go for a short run the day before, to get the inevitable bad run out of your system before the race itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment